Rangitoto dominates Auckland’s seascape and a visit there is like stepping into another world. The island is a public reserve managed by the Department of Conservation and is famed worldwide as a botanical gem.
• Located in Waitemata Harbour
• Contains NZ’s youngest volcano, now extinct
• Features 200 species of native plants
• It’s a great place to view unusual plants
• The pohutukawa forest is largest in NZ
• Many coastal and forest walks available
A number of private ferry operators run trips to Rangitoto Wharf and some to Islington Bay Wharf. There is no accommodation available.
Check with the Auckland Visitor Centre for details of all services
DEPT OF CONSERVATION
To book or for more information visit: http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.