AUCKLAND TOURS FAQ’s
AUCKLAND TOURS F.A.Q’s
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.
Have we have covered yours?…if not PLEASE contact us.
Get your friends together…
we give GROUP DISCOUNTS to groups of 6+ persons
# Do you operate every day?
– We operate all-year-round, apart from; Dec 24, 25, 26, Jan 1, 2, Good Friday, and April 25.
# How many people will there be on these day trips?
– Our tours are normally small group (our regular Auckland tour is no more than 10 persons) and probably average between 4 and 8. This way, you will get personal service! If you require EXCLUSIVE (private) tour, please refer to our Auckland Private Tours website. If you require LARGE GROUP tour, please email us!
# I’m not in New Zealand yet, can I still make a tour booking?
– YES, please email us to make an inquiry.
# I get a bit car-sick, will there be plenty of stops during this Auckland day tour?
– YES, this is what makes us so appealing! We stop many times during the trip…and you don’t have to get out of the vehicle if you don’t wish to either! (There are also toilet facilities at each stop.) We are understanding, and always drive accordingly. There is usually a spare seat next to the driver-side, so request this if you feel the need!
# Is there a lot of walking on this tour?
– NO, the only ‘walk’ […and this is a stroll…] is out to the sea-bird colony at Muriwai Beach…and then you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.
# Could this sightseeing tour be affected by the weather?
– Hmm…if only we could control the weather!! We do carry coats!. If you are in New Zealand for a few days, please check the long-range weather forecast…(it’s usually fairly accurate!)
# Where do your day trips leave from?
– We pick-up from ALL inner Auckland city accommodation. The Sky Tower (Hotel part), Ferry Buildings, or Britomart railway are other places for people staying ‘out-of-the-city’ to meet us at. Your pick-up location can be easily arranged at booking time.
# We’re staying outside your free pick-up zone, can you still pick us up?
– We are really sorry, but you will have to make your way into the City. The reason for this is because of time; -as others need to be picked-up in the morning. (…But DO ask us, because if you are just outside the pick-up zone then we may be able to drop you off after the tour!)
# Are there any extra costs on this tour?
– NO!…this is an ALL-inclusive day tour. All entry fees, lunch, wine tasting, transport, is INCLUDED. Your only costs come from what you choose to buy during the tour. Please note that you will have opportunity to shop on this tour, but in no way will you be pressured into doing so. (We receive absolutely NO commissions or payments for taking you to the places we stop at).
ALL prices quoted are in NZD
– LUNCH on our Auckland tours
# Is lunch included in the tour price?
# Can I get a beverage with my meal ?
– YES! Your lunch includes one beverage…your choice of either; wine/beer/fruit juice/soda/tea/coffee
# What kind of food is available?
– We stop at an upmarket cafe that serves a variety of NZ-european style foods. The choice is entirely up to you, but the menu has vegetarian, soup, meats, chicken, fish, pasta…
(Large groups prior bookings are essential!)
# Can you cater for my dietary/religious requirements?
-YES, if you discuss this with us at time of booking, we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
# Are children’s meals available?
– YES, (but we ask that you pay the cost of the lunch for your under 5 year olds. Lunch for children over 5 years is included)
ALL prices quoted are in NZD
– Shopping at the CRAFT MARKET
# What is the 15% discount voucher you will give to us?
The Craftmarket will give tour customers a discount on any goods purchased. The maximum is 15%. However some tour operators opt to take a percentage for themselves leaving the tourist with only 10% or even 5% discount. We pass the whole 15% discount onto our tourists…and PLEASE NOTE: we do not receive any commission for taking our tourists to this Craftmarket. This is not a “pressure-selling” stop!
# Will I be pressured into buying items from this shop?
– Certainly not!! The only reason we stop at ‘CraftWorld’ is because the items sold there have been made in New Zealand. We do not receive any commission or other incentive for bringing visitors to this store. (You don’t even have to go into ‘CraftWorld’ if you don’t wish to).
# What kind of crafts are there at this market?
– ‘CraftWorld’ has hundreds of booths, each containing a different New Zealand crafter’s wares. Anything (and everything!) from New Zealand greenstone (pounamu), knitting, woodwork, quilting, carving, jewelry, pottery, paintings, ceramics…to name but a few.
# Have these crafts been made in New Zealand?
– YES, this is the reason why we favour this shop.
# Will these crafts be any cheaper than the souvenir shops in Auckland city?
– In some instances yes. However, many of these products are ‘one-offs’ and are not mass produced. Most of these items are unavailable in regular souvenir shops anyway.
# Oh! I saw an item I liked but my size/colour wasn’t there for me to buy on the day, what should I do?
– Talk to one of the sales assistants and place an order. Leave your contact details with us also.
# Are there any more places where we can buy other products on this tour?
– Absolutely! There will be items for you to purchase at just about every stop; Arataki Information Centre, wine, and honey, when you take these Auckland tours.
# I’m not really interested in crafts, are there any other shops to look at instead?
– YES, within a few metres there is ‘Farmer’s’ (a department store), ‘No.1 Shoe Warehouse’ (a bargain shoe shop), ‘The Warehouse’ (a bargain department store), ‘JB HiFi’ (an appliance shop), ‘Noel Leeming’ (another appliance shop), ‘Starbucks Coffee’ (complimentary tea/coffee is also available inside the ‘CraftWorld’ store, along with toilet facilities)
# If I buy any products on this tour, will they be safe if I leave them in the vehicle?
– Most certainly! We have a lockable compartment in our van, and we always lock the vehicle if it is unattended.
ALL prices quoted are in NZD
– Auckland WINE TASTING
# What winery will we be visiting?
–We usually go to the Soljan’s winery but there are several wineries in this region. If you have a particular favourite, just let us know at booking time!
# Can we purchase wine from these wineries?
-Most definitely! Not only can you sample a huge variety, these are also available for you to buy.
# Would there be enough space in your vehicle if I bought several bottles?
– Certainly. The staff at the winery will also package it for you!
# What is the legal drinking age in NZ?
– this is 18 years of age, and ID may be requested.